Tuesday 9 April 2013

Beginnings

Well I've finally fulfilled my 2011 New Year's resolution and started a blog! Why has it taken so long? I would like to think that it is because I have been busy finishing my undergraduate degree with the Open University whilst balancing my wide personal interests alongside mental illness but really it has been a combination of chronic writer's block and crippling fear that anybody would actually be interested in what I say.

I dithered over what should I blog about, should I concentrate on one of my interests or try to encompass them all? Most advice seemed to be to pick one but I am not sure I can separate one aspect of my life from the others.

I tried a different tact of looking at what ties the different threads of my life together. Most of my interests have a scientific lean so that was one aspect, another over riding aspect of my life, although I did not know it officially until last year is that I have Asperger’s Syndrome, so Science on the Spectrum is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment